What are the Fees?
C.N.A I – $550.00 includes Work Book, handout and study materials, does not include state exam fees
Med. Aide – $325.00 includes text books and study material but does not include state exam fees
Med. Tech – $250.00 includes handout and study material but does not include state exam fees
Pharmacy Technician – $4,000 includes study materials, handout and computer support, liability insurances fees, does not include the Pharmacy Board Exam and textbook
Phlebotomy – $1,500 includes study materials and handout. Does not include textbook and board exam fee.
Medical Transcription – $3,000.00 includes study material, and computer support but does not include text books and board exam fee.
Medical Assistant – $5000.00 includes study materials, handouts, and computer support. Does not include textbook and board exam fee.
Medical Billing & Coding – $4,500.00 includes study materials and computer support but does not include text book and board exam fee.
Administrative Medical Assistant $3,500.00 includes study materials, handout and computer support but does not include, text books and board exam fee.
Electrocardiogram: $1,200.00 does not include textbooks and board exam fee.
Cost for School Activities, Service Charge, Lab Fee, Rentals, and Tools are not applicable.
Drug Screening Fee ($45); Tuberculosis Test Fee ($20); Background Check Fee $25
Student should have their scrub based on the color of the program. This could be purchased anywhere. However, scrub and shoe could be purchased at the school for $35
What are your refund Policy?
Each student who enrolls in any of the program shall receive refunds as stated below:
- 100% refund before first day of class or if class is cancelled by the school
- A 75% refund if student withdraws within 25% of the period of enrollment in the course in which student is enrolled, minus the cost of textbook and other materials issued.
- No refunds will be made if the student withdraws after 25% of the course content. ** Note: The total tuition becomes due on the first day of class, even if we work out a payment plan. In the event that a student decided to drop out of class after 25%, they still owe the full tuition amount.
- ** There is a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00.
- This request must be in writing and submitted to the school as stated above and signed off by a staff.
Most of the time, there will be a seven-day or one week period following registration day before the first day of class. This is considered the drop/add period. A full refund, with the exception of the registration fee, will apply to any student who drops the class during this period.
What are the Grading Requirements
Candidates for graduation are as follows:
- Successful completion of the program with the average outlined in the course per agreement with Southern College of Health Sciences. Minimum of “C” or above is required before graduation.
- Must have successful completion of the clinical practice.
- All accounts with the Institute are cleared.
- Appropriate and professional conduct has been maintained throughout the program.
- Academic Hours:
- Sixty minutes of classroom/clinical instruction constitutes a clock hour.The College utilizes the grading scale below:70 – 79% = D 69% – below = FS = SatisfactoryStudents will have two additional opportunities to bring grades up to C or S in the classroom test and in clinical respectively or the college will not graduate students to take the State approved test. Students will be advised to withdraw after the third attempt fails with no refund.
- Students must have a Class C or above and an S to pass and graduate the program.
- U = Unsatisfactory
- Laboratory / skills validation and clinical evaluation is graded as:
- 93 – 100% = A 85 – 92% = B 80 – 84% = C
- Southern College of Health Sciences Grading Policy