The Medication Technician training program covers the basic preparation for administration of medications by unlicensed persons in an assisted living facilities, adult-care homes, mental care facilities and family-care settings. It is an 15 hour class. Students who complete this program will be eligible to take the NC Division of Health Service Regulation (Adult Care Licensure Section) Medication Technician Exam.
Medication Tech Program Info
• The Medication Tech certificate curriculum is designed to allow students to complete training in as little as 15 hours of class.
• Students at Southern College of Health Sciences (SCHS) benefit from our hands-on approach to learning, smaller class sizes and a faculty that cares about their success.
• Understand and perform basic competencies required to safely provide medication by oral and topical routes, by inhalation to the respiratory system, and by instillation in the eyes, ears, and nose
• Be able to perform additional skills needed to support medication administration
• Define key terms
• Recognize how a drug is absorbed, metabolized and excreted from the body
• Discuss factors which can affect how drugs are used in the body
• Recognize the medication aide role in recognizing, recording and reporting allergic reactions to drugs
• Identify the actions of specific drugs
Professional Organizations : North Carolina Board of Nursing
Duration: 3 days
Cost: $385 (Covers Tuition: $250, Book: $25, Tool: $25, Other costs: $85)